History of Lake Shore Lodge
Lake Shore Lodge - Chartered in 1858
On December 15, 1857 Grand Master, Horace Stokes issued our dispensation at Centerville, Ohio (now Madison). G. V. Wells was appointed as Worshipful Master, Perry Bosworth as Senior Warden, and William L. Babcock as Junior Warden.
Most of the Brethren who signed the petition were from Temple Lodge (Painesville), so we presume Temple Lodge was our sponsoring body.
On October 21, 1858, Lake Shore was issued its charter and was designated Lodge No. 307. The Lodge's first meeting place is believed to be near 209 W. Main street. The Property where the Lodge is now was purchased on October 30, 1899 for $3000.
During the early morning hours of September 30, 1903, the Lodge and all of its property was destroyed by fire. The cost to rebuild was $5235. On February 25, 1906, our hall was dedicated by M.W.B. F.S. Harmom.
In April 1909, electricity was installed...the bill was 80 cents. In December 1914 the telephone was installed.
Over the years Lake Shore has been an active Lodge. We have enjoyed a reputation of being a friendly Lodge. We also are known as a generous Lodge. We have regularly sponsored the Special Olympics, contributed to our Masonic Home, and donated to the needy families in the community.
Perry Bosworth William L. Babcock John H. Bliss Luther T. Fox Thomas King, Jr. Harry Redhead
D.B. Rose Asa Talcott G.V. Wells Elisha Wood Luther Warner
Living Past Masters
Joseph J. Grof, 1955
Richard L. Lumpp, 1958
Thomas C. Ray, 1962
John S. Boyle, 1965
Lowell Ashcraft, 1967
Morley F. Durbin, 1968, 1990, 1991, 1995, 1999
Robert L. Lake, 1969
Daniel K. Alexander, Jr., 1970
Guy N. Wilson, 1973, 1989
Robert J. Wickert, 1977
James H. McLaughlin, 1979
Richard F. Hammil, 1980, 2001, 2002
Charles G. Dahmer, 1981
Frank Brewster, 1982
Barry E. Pierce, 1983, 1997
BennyL. Grimm, 1984
William E. Tecil, 1985, 2000
Michael T. Hall, 1987, 1988
Robert L. Shaw, 1992
Thomas J. Piispanen, 1993, 1996
Mark E. Monk, 1994, 1998, 2006
Gregory Eberschlag 2003, 2004, 2005