Brisbane District Grand chapter
This is a brief History of the Brisbane District grand Chapter anyone requiring a copy of our Golden Jubilee contact the Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane District Grand was instituted on the 1st March 1947 in
the West End School of Arts there were 198 Sisters and Brothers in attendance.
Being the first District Grand Chapter in Queensland.
At time of instituting there were 27 Chapters in Queensland stretching from the New South Wales in the south to the top of Queensland in the North.
Today this area has been split into Five District Grand Chapters. As the membership increased through out Queensland and more Chapters were formed the need for additional Districts Grand's was evident The South Brisbane District Grand was formed on the 31st October 1952, The Burnett District Grand on 2nd May 1964 Between 1947 to 10th November 1979 when the Far Northern District Grand Chapter was formed.
The Brisbane District Grand Chapter the Brisbane area and then recommenced from Sarina through to Cairns in the north of the state.
Most of the Worthy District Grand Matrons and Patrons took the Northern trip, the trip took four weeks and involved a total of Eighteen (18) Meetings. Many tales are told of those trips when by arrangement with the Queensland Railways two sleeping cars were attached to freight trains for the trip out west.
In 1974 nine Chapters joined together and purchased the Methodist Church at Kedron in Brisbane.
The Brisbane District Grand Chapter meets there along with several other chapters.
The United Grand Chapter of Australia was formed in June 1985 in Sydney New South Wales and since then there has been one Sister and one Brother elevated to the position of Most Worthy Grand Matron Sis Ann Mindham and Bro David Stewart from the Brisbane District Grand Chapter.
Home Office Bearers News Links Guest Book