Hickory Chapter No. 155
First Worthy Matron: Miss May Swicegood
First Worthy Patron: Mr. E. E. Smith
Brief History: Hickory Chapter #155 was Instituted on February 20, 1923 by the Rev. John S. Wood, Worthy Grand Patron, in the then 10th District. The Chapter was Constituted on October 2, 1923 with 34 members.
The Chapter organized a Rainbow Assembly in 1925 that was active until the mid 1990's.
The Chapter has been a very active Chapter for 80 years with many Grand Chapter appointments of Grand Officers, Grand Representatives, etc. Sister Dorothy Rich Miller served as Worthy Grand Matron 1979-1980 and Brother Andrew Basil Miller served the Grand Body as Worthy Grand Patron in 1968-1969.
Sister Dorothy Rich Miller, WGM 1979-80 Brother Andrew Basil Miller, WGP 1968-69
In April 2003, Hibriten Chapter #140 merged with Hickory Chapter increasing the membership and as of that date we had 125 members.
The Chapter has since its beginning and continues to actively support all activities and projects of Grand Chapter as well as working with Hickory Lodge #343 to promote good will among the Masonic bodies and Masonry in the area.
Return to Home Page