for Templar Advancement
MEETING: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2000HOSTED BY: TRINITY COMMANDERY #44 -- NORWOOD, OHIO
C.T.A. Officers Present: S.K. John Rogers, PC, President; S.K. Michael Payton, PC,
Recorder/Treasurer; S.K. Lloyd Bradshaw, PDDC, Prelate
Past C.T.A. Presidents Present: S.K. Charles Albertson, PGC; S.K. Joseph Atkinson, PDDC; S.K. Robert Creekmore, PC; S.K. Richard Holcombe, EGW; S.K. Norman Lincoln, PC; S.K. Michael Payton, PC; S.K. Robert Richter, PC; S.K. David Slusher, PC
Commandery Attendance: Cincinnati #3: 3; Calvary#13: 1; Hanselmann #16: 1; Miami #22: 8; Garfield #28: 4; Hamilton #41: 7; Trinity #44: 11; Middletown #71:: 4
Meeting was opened by President S.K. John Rogers with opening prayer by Prelate S.K. Lloyd Bradshaw, PDDC.
1. The minutes of the previous meeting at Middletown were read and
Membership: S.K. Lloyd Bradshaw, PDDC, stressed the urgency for membership reports to be forwarded to him from the individual commanderies in the third division. This is a requirement from Grand Commandery.
Treasurers Report: Nothing reported this month.
1. President Rogers introduced S.K. Michael Himes, currently serving the Grand Lodge Ohio, and a past commander of Cincinnati Commandery #3. S.K. Himes asked everyone to remember S.K. Gerald Hughes who was to have a tumor removed the next Monday.
S.K. Himes also stated that although he was part of the Grand Line, he was still available for many of the necessary masonic events within his district, and was still a member of his districts masonic funeral contacts.
S.K. Himes thanked all the Sir Knights who participated at Grand Lodge this past session. He then commended President Rogers for his excellent direction of one of the Scotish Rite Degrees during the Fall Class. S.K. Himes also discussed the Valley of Cincinnati hosting the Prince Hall affiliate during the Fall Class.
2. President Rogers announced an inspection change. March 24, 2001, will be the inspection date for Calvary Commandery #13 in Portsmouth. PGC Edward Estepp will be the inspecting officer.
3. President Rogers ask that any commanderies planning to do a Order of the Temple notify him in advance and he would try to notify other commanderies for visitation purposes.
4. President Rogers reminded everyone that beginning with the first inspection, he would be introducing all junior officers at the foot of the lines. This procedure will carry on throughout the templar year.
5. Sir Knight Atkinson commended the photography work of President Rogers during the Drill Team competition at Grand Commandery.
PAST GRAND COMMANDERS REPORT:
DIVISION COMMANDERS REPORT:
2. S.K. Holcombe announced there would be three (3) one-day festivals:
4. S.K. Holcombe announced that Garfield Commandery has changed its stated conclave to the first Wednesday of each month.
5. S.K. Holcombe announced that each commandery must appoint a education officer this year.
6. S.K. Holcombe re-emphasized letting the CTA President know of any degree work being done in advance so arrangements to get as much help for the commandery as possible can be done.
7. S.K. Holcombe announced that June 23, 2001, will be the Drill Captains Meeting. It will be held in the afternoon at a specific time and place to be named later.
8. S.K. Holcombe gave a representative from each commandery present a copy of the By-Laws of the CTA. He stated they should be took back and placed in each commanderys local minutes.
The CTA meeting was then closed with prayer by S.K. Lloyd Bradshaw, PDDC Prelate.
Respectfully submitted by: S.K. Michael Payton, Recorder/Treasurer
PLEASE SEND YOUR CTA DUES NOW!!!