Welcome to the official Web Site of

Franklin Lodge No. 447 F. & A. M.

Chartered in 1825 under the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the

State of New York



Regular Communications:

3rd Tuesday of the Month At 7 PM

In the Conrinthian Room, 8th Floor

Grand Lodge Building

71 West 23rd Street

New York, NY 10010

The Lodge goes dark during the months of July & August.

Visiting Brethren are cordially invited and always welcome!



Our History


Odd Fellows Hall by Grand and Centre St Corinthian Room in the Masonic Temple at 23rd St.


Franklin Lodge No.447 F.&A.M. is one of the oldest lodges in New York State. Established in 1825, Franklin Lodge has continued actively for more than 180 years in the Masonic tradition.

In June of 1859, at the Annual Communications, Franklin Lodge No.447 was represented by its Master and on June 9th of that same year, it is stated that the Lodge members petitioned for the restoration of its original warrant; on which the warrant was given the following day. Grand Master Waring gave the trowel to the Master of the lodge, who was David D'Ancona. Be mindful that this trowel was the exact one used by Benjamin Franklin. The trowel was loaned, in 1885, back to the Masonic Library and Reading Room, where supposedly it is still on exhibit.

To our understanding, Franklin Lodge No.447 has had four meeting places through out its existance. At first, the meetings took place at 643 Bleeker St., which no longer is a valid address in New York City. In 1861 the Lodge moved to The Odd Fellows Hall, by Grand and Centre St. They remained here until the Masonic Temple at 23rd St. and 6th Avenue could be occupied around May 4th, 1874. And around 1910, The Grand Lodge Building and Masonic Hall were finished right across the street from the old Masonic Temple. We now conduct our meetings in the Corinthian Room of this building.



Webmaster: Bro. Hector Plaud 32°

Created for Franklin Lodge No. 447 F. & A. M. by NetSys Engineering Corp.