Dispensation for The Pleasant Hill #380 was dated September 27, 1872. Early meetings were scheduled for the third Saturday of the month in Fields Store in Grimes County since Waller County hadn't been formed yet. The current building erected in 1911 was partially built from timbers from the original two story building. The old building had been used as the lodge upstairs and used by the church downstairs.
Pleasant Hill ( located in the Fields Store area ) was originally going to be named Patrick Lodge ( after a past master of another lodge ), after riding horseback for a couple of days the Brothers that were seeking a warrant from the Grand master, were asked by the G/M what name they intended to use the Brother answered Patrick Lodge after Brother So and So. The G/M had to remind the Brothers that a Lodge could not be named after a living person, They then and there formed a name change committee and decided on Pleasant Hill ( after the plantation of the same name that was owned by the Groce's )...
The Pleasant Hill Lodge #380 was chartered on September 27, 1872 when 9 Masons submitted a petition for the new lodge. The charter members were,
|W.T.Cole ||G.N. Hargraves ||J.J. McConnell|
| Jas. W. Renfro ||John Renfro ||George W. Lawrence|
| W.J. Wilson||E.E. Wilson||J.J. Wilson|
Click Here To Return To First page
No © Copyright.
Pleasant Hill Lodge
Free To Use.
All material in this site may be used
to educate everyone, Masons and
non-Masons alike about Freemasonry
and for the promotion of Freemasonry.