16, 1966 - Dispensation to establish a new Lodge at Pawleys Island, SC
was granted by MW R. Lewis Smith, GM.
The first meeting
place was in the Parish House of All Saints Episcopal Church, Pawleys
| ~ FOUNDING OFFICERS
- WM - Henry G. Deer, PM
- SW - Boyd L. Marlow,
- JW - W. Reese Hart
- Treas. - George Edwin
- Sec. - Earnest LeRoy
- SD - Andrew Lealand
- JD - Charles William
- Stew. - William Dewey
- Stew. - William Harold
- Tiler - Gordon Leath
DECEMBER 7, 1966
- Our first Regular Communication. Grand Master Smith, accompanied by
Grand Lodge officers, delivered the Dispensation Document to the Lodge.
Forty-five (45) members and visitors were present.
JULY 14, 1967 - Grand
Master Smith constituted Pawleys Island Lodge #409 and installed the
officers. Eighteen Grand Lodge officers were present.
MARCH 6, 1969 - A
Building Committee was authorized to begin construction of a Lodge
on land donated by WM and Mrs. W. Reese Hart.
JULY 3, 1969 - The
Lodge received the official Charter Document.
DECEMBER 4, 1969
- The first meeting was held in the new Lodge building - our current
FEBRUARY 2, 1978
- The last of the bonds issued to finance the Lodge building were
and paid. Lodge now free of debt through fund raising
SEPTEMBER 12, 1985
- MW Jesse Branhan, GM, visited, monitoring work done on the F.C.
SEPTEMBER 22, 1989
- Hurricane Hugo: Fortunately no Lodge casualties. Our Lodge
substantial effort & material assistance to storm victims including
food & clothing delivered in the hard hit community of nearby
FEBRUARY 7, 1991
- An informal visit by MWBro. Jarman, PGM of North Dakota, MWBro.
PGM of Illinois during a Regular Communication.
AUGUST 7, 1991 -
Received a large cash donation by Bro. Salem Van Every, III for Lodge
& landscaping. WBro. & Mrs. W. Reese Hart donated the Lodge’s
MAY 16, 1992 - Grand
Lodge of South Carolina opened at Pawleys Island Lodge #409, MW William
D. Longshore, GM, presided for the setting of cornerstone &
of Lodge Building.
- WM Hugh Peteet, Master of P.I. 409 welcomed MW G. Kent Elkins, GM,
with other Grand Lodge Officer's attendance at a special “Table
conducted by Pawleys Island Lodge #409.
Most Historical Highlights adopted from archived
notes of WBro. Charles
Cusick, PM, deceased.