The Golden Trowel Award
As Revised January, 2001
From The Grand Lodge Of Texas Web Site
- Since its inception the Golden Trowel Award continues to be an exciting means for Lodges to recognize and honor distinguished members with an official award from the Grand Lodge of Texas. It is for use by all Texas Lodges.
- The Golden Trowel is the Lodge's formal recognition of a Brother for his devoted service to Masonic principles in general or to his Lodge. It is intended for the Brother who, year after year, quietly, but actively demonstrates his devotion to the teachings of Masonry without thought of recognition or special honors.
- Every Lodge has such members. They spread the living cement that builds our Fraternity into a true Brotherhood.
- You will find them at labor in the kitchens, on the work committees, in public office, on community projects, in service clubs, heavily involved in their church activities and in schools - anywhere that a true and steady hand of assistance is needed.
- It is to those Master Craftsmen that the Golden Trowel Award is designated as the highest award a Lodge can bestow upon an individual member.
- This award is not intended to replace or supersede any individual recognition award already established by a Lodge. It provides the advantages of a single, official award which is recognized state wide.
CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE OR REDUCE
Mr. and Mrs. Jimmie Thompson|
JPG Bill & Donna Greenwood and Daughter & Son-in-law|
M.C. Francis Love - DDGM John Cook - Award Recipient Bill Greenwood - Marshall Jimmie Thompson - W.M. "Art" Bergeron|
Past Commander Bill Weir with Arabian Color Guard|
CLICK HERE FOR ALBUM PAGE
CLICK HERE FOR FIRST PAGE
All material in this site may be used
to educate everyone, Masons and
non-Masons alike about Freemasonry
and for the promotion of Freemasonry.