Towards the end of each month I will update the news page with anything interesting that has taken place in Legion Lodge.
- .23rd March 2007 will certainly stay in my mind for a very long time. Terry K and myself where invited down to Hertfordshire
for the consecration of Hertforshire Lodge of the Legion. What a day. We were treated like Royalty and we cannot thank the lodge enough for their
hospitality. The ceremony was little short of perfect and they even took my reply to the visitors toast in good part, joining in with the
Geordie banter, well trying to!!
I presented the Lodge with a painting of Hadrian's Wall and Terry, on behalf of the Lodge, presented a picture of the Tyne Bridges.
Our southern friends are hoping to visit us so perhaps a new association will build up.
We also handed over a copy of "Larn yersel Geordie" so we expect our new friends "t' knaa the Geordie patta canny porfect like" .
They will be tested on the difference between Geordies, Makems, Northumbrians and Durhamites when they reach River Tees frontier point at Darlington.
They will aslo be expected to identify stotty cake, pease puddin, singin hinnies, clooty dumplin and panhaggerty
and to be able to say "aam bad wi th' beor" in a creditable accent.
If not they "divvent gerrin. So theor!"
- January 2007. Well, we are not alone. Since our consecration we were the only lodge concerned (indirectly) with the British Legion. However as of 23rd March 2007
this will no longer be the case . On that day The Hertfordshire Lodge of the Legion will be consecrated and yours truely Dave W
along with Terry K will be representing Legion Lodge at the consecration. More will follow.
- December We were treated to a superb lecture by the SW of Lodge Temperance. His talk on masonic disputes was very enlightening.
- November Another excellent meeting. Jimmy A was installed as WM. It was an excellent ceremony performed by two WM's Ray and Les. Well done both.
- An excellent meeting in June. Lectures from both Legion Lodge and Lodge of Loyalty. They both seemed to go down very well. In October we are having a visit through to Loyalty when the reverse procedure will happen.
- First of all, apologies for the late update but my computer developed a fault with a cooling fan and was in computer hospital. Do you know the Almoner didn't even send him a card?
The next meeting is an important one in that we
are hosts to your friends from Sunderland. Yes, we do allow the Makems to cross the border and visit. After all they allow a raiding party to visit them in April, so it's the least we can do.
The meeting will be an interesting one with lectures on the history and development of both Legion Lodge AND the Lodge of Loyalty.
- More devastating news Brian Parry, a stalwart of the Lodge died on the 10th January from Lung Cancer. Another member who will be sadly missed
- Sad News Again Lillie Hedley, wife of Ralph Hedley passed away on 27th December 2004. A lovely lady, she will be sadly missed
- Sad News: Bro William (Bill) Smith, passed away
on Christmas Eve 2004. Bill will be sadly missed by us all. He held the post of Chaplain with great dignity. Legion Lodge did Bill proud, over 16 members turned up to the funeral.
- Dec. Meeting Bro Alan T re-joined the lodge.
- Installation News (2) WBro Dave W presented the new Rembrance Book
as well as the re-jigged collection of Founders' Jewels.
- Installation News WBro Ray A was duly installed by two Installing Masters no less,
namely WBro Les J, and WBro Sid S.
- Sad News: Bro George Davidson, a Founder of this lodge passed away
on Friday 6th August 2004 after a long battle against prostate cancer.
- Two Candidates Two candidates were initiated at the June 2004 meeting. One is the son
of our greatly missed Bro Norman Wright and the other is Norman's Son in Law.
- Founder's Jewel presented The Founder's Jewel was presented to the Lodge and will be d
isplayed in the Jewel Case
- Founders Jewel Found!!, April 2004 W.Bro Dave W found the jewel listed on ebay and
made a successful bid for it.
- Bro Bob Stephenson, former member died on Friday 6th February 2004
- January 2004 Excellent First degree Tracing Board given by the SD
- Immediately prior to our June meeting the WM presented a cheque for £250.00 to representatives of Newbiggin Hall
Juniors Football Club from Freemasons of Northumberland to assist them to purchase equipment.
- The June meeting was our annual visit from the Sunderland mob. Both sides were getting the banter ready for the festive board, however the Mackems' were on a definite loser!
- The Founders' Dinner went very well, an excellent meal and a good after-dinner speech
- January 2003. Hand made leather bound book donated to the lodge by Deirdre Thompson. Contact the webmaster if you are interested in one for yourself or any other organisation.
- Sad News W.Bro. George MacDonald former Organist of Legion Lodge died in May 2002
- January 2002Two candidates initiated
- Very Sad News Norman Wright died on 24th August. Our thoughts are with his family.
- New Visitor Page This page also has a link through to multimap so that visitors know where to find us.
- Legion Lodge "Dine-out"... twenty -one present at Fern Avenue to sample the Sunday Lunches.
- March 2001 ... Miracles do happen Norman improves and is back home.
- January 2001 ... Sad news Norman Wright back in hospital. Emails from his wife posted on this website.
- December 2000 ... Open Night with the RBL Choir.
- Charter Mark awarded to this website
- The Silver Anniversary was a wonderful night. The Founders did us proud.
- 20th September 1999 death of WBro George Willis PPAGDC aged 87